Lake Basin Development Authority is a State Corporation mandated to spearhead development in the Lake Basin Region covering about 72 constituencies. It accomplishes this mandate through mobilization of resources and assets at its disposal for equitable development. LBDA provides integrated planning, coordination and implementation of projects and programmes within the various river basins in the region.
The Authority’s field operations offices are organized and coordinated under Seven (7) regional offices namely; Lake Shore, Lower Nzoia, Upper Nzoia, Yala Nyando, Sondu Miriu, Kuja Migori and Kibuon Tende
some of our key activies include:-
- Fingerling and Fish Feed Production more information
- Value Addition to farm and Enterprise Produce
- Rice Farming and Milling
- Agriculture & Livestock Multiplication
- Brick Production
- Production of eggs & Pullets
- Clarias for fish bait production
- More on some of our products
LBDA envisions being the leading Regional Development Authority (RDA) in Africa fostering sustainable development of the Lake Basin for economic empowerment of the communities. In line with Vision 2030.